Monday, June 20, 2005

短文練習

滿喜歡自己這篇短文,所以就貼在這兒以免遺失...

The Important Influence

I believe, “good companion have a good influence, while bad one have a bad influence”, which demonstrates that people are often infected by the environment. Most of our lives, we are surrounded by our family and our friends. Therefore, it is no surprise that they can have a great influence on us! For me, especially in my childhood, the love of my grandparents, my Mom's parents, had an important influence on me.

I was the first child born in my family, for a time, I lived with my grandparents because my parents were both occupied with their career. It bought me a great joy staying with my grandparents during that year. Although I did not have my parent’s company, I still have the love embraced by 2 kind elders.

Among all the grandchildren, I knew that I got the biggest love and concern from my grandpa. Whenever it was dinner time, my grandpa would always call me for dinner before my uncles and aunts. I was the one that he most worried about!

Due to grandpa’s senior position in his job, there were frequently many guests in a crowded living room. As a seven year-old girl, I might just walk through on my way to play with my neighbors. At that time while I was caught by the sight of those elders, my grandpa would always introduce me as a good little girl with lots of compliments on me and, he would eventually end with “whoever marry her in the future would be a blessed one!” Now, every time when I recall those words, I remember his prayers and blessings for my marriage.

My grandma was a housewife and had a big job looking after the 8-children family. As long as there were any activities in school, she would give me money for the registration fees. For example, I was so glad that I could be one of the half students in class who could have hot milk during morning breaks, especially on winter mornings! Milk and apple were considered precious during those years! Besides, on the eve of our class hiking day, grandma would forward money to my aunt and asked her to take me to the grocery. It’s like a magic moment to me because I could pick whatever snacks I wanted!

As time went by, my grandparents had gotten the calls from God when I was a teenager. Thought it was only one year being together with them, the love I had from them warm me in my later life. No matter what big moments happened in my life, good or bad, sad or happy, after musing for a while, it turns out to have an encouraged smile on my face!

3 comments:

蓝玫瑰Emily said...

very touching...

u told us the great love of yr grandparents with simple words

=>

janice22 said...

oh really!

So glad that there are others touched by it like i was!

Anonymous said...


不錯的一篇小品